Barber Wilsons & Co.
Barber Wilsons & Co. can trace their origins back to 1898 or thereabouts, when Walter Henry Wilson and his brother, Frederick Wilson, after many years apprenticeship and working for others decided to start a business on their own manufacturing plumbers brass work.
They bought a small factory in Eldon Road, Wood Green (North London) where they set up a brass foundry and machine shop powered by a gas engine, under the name of Wilson Brothers.
Barber Wilsons & Co Ltd came into being in 1908 with Walter Wilson as Managing Director. By the late 20s and early 30s, Barber Wilsons were commissioned to make special fittings for the new London Dorchester hotel, which was being built. It was to be the start of a long and successful relationship, the start of Barber Wilson supplying quality plumbing to the top hotels.
In the late 1970’s Barber Wilson were approached by an interior designer refurbishing Victorian terraced houses. He wanted to put in period bathrooms complete with roll top cast iron baths and new traditionally designed brass taps. Barber Wilsons’ old catalogues were full of such fittings, which had not been made for 40 or 50 years. The old patterns were dusted off and the first of their now highly successful traditional taps range were produced. This has gradually increased to become 90% of their entire output.
Focal Point is proud to be an official dealer of Barber Wilsons & Co. Call our showroom at 718-336-6900 and ask to speak to one of our experts to learn more!